- Online activation can dramatically increase the effectiveness of traditional TV advertising campaigns.
- Online activation with no special offer can still dramatically increase sales.
- The positive effects of online activation tend to be sustained longer than the effects of TV advertising alone.
- Buzz monitoring is an effective way to complement on-site analytics to get a more complete view of campaign impact.
- Online buzz tends to build over time. We call it the runway effect. It takes a while to get off the ground, but once it is airborne, it can take off on its own.
- Traditional media campaigns can be tuned off and on. A brand’s social presence, however, cannot. Social activity can be heightened during campaign periods, but has to be maintained at reasonable levels between campaign periods to work optimally.
- Traditional banner ads work poorly (although dynamic banner ads can be very effective).